Our client, a company in a Leisure industry, is currently looking for a Product Owner. In this pivotal role a Product Owner will ensure the delivery of high quality software solutions that meet the expectations of customers and enable the business to achieve its growth demands.
- Line manager the 2-person product teamEnsure that the product team maintain, own and be the point of contact for the company’s Product Roadmap
- Ensure that the product team produce and maintain the product documentation
- Ensure that the product team manage the Product Ideas (PIDs) and that these are assessed and consider for future releases
- Ensure that the product team manage the release process and that releases meet deadlines and requirements
- Ensure that the product team help identify and support Early Adopters to ensure that Products go onto General Release as soon as possibleUnderstand and gather all requirements from stakeholders (external and internal)
- Determine and assess feasibility and risk of requirements
- Ensure that the product requirement lists are kept up to date and are recorded in priority order
- Write requirements in an unambiguous manner for developers and testers to understand
- Attend and participate in all appropriate scrum meetings
- Support and answer questions that the developers and testers may have regarding requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years + experience in a similar product owner role using agile working methodologies
- Certified Scrum Product Owner qualification
- Experience of line management, including motivating and developing staff
- Experience of writing user stories including those for rewriting functionality, APIs and 3rd party integrations
- Experience of working with numerous different products at the same time
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of building roadmaps
- Experience of release planning
- Experience of dealing with developers and testers
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English is required, to ensure clear communication with customers internally and externally.
Quality conscious in all aspects of their work
A ‘finisher’ and have the drive to push projects and work through to completion
Commercially aware and to be able to make development decisions based on commercial viability and risk
Able to work and thrive in a high-pressure environment working with diverse individuals and opinions
Self-motivated and need minimal guidance on a given task
An organised approach to work, with good time management skills
Able to take both praise and criticism and to react positively to differing opinions or suggestions
Solid communication and articulation skills as well as the ability to multi-task.